If you want to jailbreak your brand new Firestick then I'll show you a step by step process to jailbreak it. You don't need a PC to jailbreak a firestick. This guide will also work for Amazon Fire TV Cube, Fire TV Stick 4K, and Fire TV Jailbreaking.
If you're a Firestick user then this article can save your $100 bucks for sure. Because, here I'm going to teach you- how to jailbreak a firestick, step by step. Firestick is one of the most demanding media streaming device and the process of jailbreaking firestick is most trending search query by Amazon Fire TV Stick users.
Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and Government monitoring your activities through your IP Address- > 127.0.0.1 . If any copyrighted content found on your Fire TV Stick, you could get into serious trouble. I highly recommend you to protect yourself with a good VPN. So, your amusement doesn’t take a bad turn.
Surfshark is the cheap and best VPN for Firestick. The monthly cost of a VPN is less than your daily Coffee bills. You can stream anything anonymously at just $1.99/months.
Currently, new users can get an 83% discount. The offer is vaild for limited time.
This offer will expire soon…
Is it possible to jailbreak a Firestick?
Amazon Fire TV devices are running on Android based Fire OS. It's custom coded version of Android platform. That's why Amazon Firestick supports all Android apps.
The second (2nd) generation Fire TV devices are running on Fire OS 5 and it is equivalent to Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) while third (3rd) generation Fire TV devices are running on Fire OS 6 and this version is equivalent to Android 7.1.2 (Nougat).
If you heard about Android Rooting OR Android Jailbreaking then it's clear that, we can also jailbreak a firestick device. Android jailbreaking requires custom patched boot image and lots of command knowledge to perform the steps.
Here you don't have to play with codes, commands and scripts. We simply change some default setting and side-load a couple of apps. These apps will provides a bunch of free movies and shows to stream.
With these method, we can jailbreak a firestick without PC or computer. But, if you want to jailbreak a firestick with PC, I'll show you this methods too.
What is Firestick Jailbreaking?
The concept of Firestick Jailbreaking started from the July, 2015. Amazon has taken a strong action against low cost or free to use apps. In June, 2015, Amazon has removed the world popular media player application, Kodi from Amazon App Store.
With this step of Amazon, Firestick users lost a source to watch free movies and shows. Now, the trend of Firestick hacking aka Jailbreaking started.
As, Fire OS is an Android based operating system so we have an option to side-load third party apps on Firestick. So, users started side-loading Kodi APK on FireStick via various methods. This process is known as Firestick Jailbreaking...
How To Jailbreak Firestick?
Follow these steps to jailbreak your firestick quickly-
- Plugin-in your TV and Firestick adapter to a power socket.
- Connect your Fire TV with an HDMI cable.
- Connect your Fire TV Stick with a WiFi network.
- Go to Firestick Home.
- Using your Alexa remote, go to Settings.
- Select My Preferences.
- Open Privacy Setting.
- Select Device Data Usage.
- Now Turn OFF.
- Select Collect Apps Usage Data.
- Choose Turn OFF.
- Go back and Turn OFF Data Monitoring.
- Now go back and select Developer Options.
- Choose Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Select Enable.
- Press the Home button on Firestick remote.
- Go to the Search menu.
- Type Downloader.
- Press the Download button.
- Open Downloader.
- Now type the following URL- https://firestickhelp.com/kapk.
- Wait, a file is downloading on your Firestick.
- Now select Install.
- Wait… Kodi is installing on your Firestick.
- Now press Open.
There are more various methods to jailbreak a brand new firestick. Here in this guide I'm going to show you the five different methods to jailbreak fire stick.
Here are those five methods mentioned-
- Jailbreak FireStick Via Downloader by AFTVnews
- Jailbreak FireStick Via ES File Explorer
- Jailbreak FireStick Via Third-party App Store
- Jailbreak FireStick Via PC (Commands mentioned)
- Jailbreak FireStick Via Filelinked (DroidAdmin)
Before starting, you must have to prepare your Firestick to jailbreak. These are some common and easy steps that you must have to perform before starting any methods.
Note- You do not need to apply all five methods of Jailbreaking a Firestick. Only one method of your choice is sufficient for complete jailbreaking.
Steps to perform before Firestick Jailbreaking
- Go to "Settings".
- Select "My Preferences".
- Open "Privacy Settings".
- Select "Device Usage Data".
- Choose "Turn OFF".
- Now select "Collect Apps Usage Data".
- Select "Turn OFF".
- Press the "Back" button on remote.
- Select "Data Monitoring".
- "Turn OFF" Data Monitoring.
- Press "Back" button two times.
- Scroll "Right" and select "My Fire TV".
- Go to "Developer Options".
- Select "Apps from Unknown Sources".
- "Enable" Apps from Unknown Sources.
1. Go To Settings
Using your Firestick remote, go to the Settings option showing at the most right position.
2. Select Settings
Now, press the OK button on your Fire TV Stick remote to select the Settings option. After that, press the bottom arrow button on the remote.
3. Go To Preferences
Again use your firestick remote and press the right arrow button and select Preferences option there.
4. Open Privacy Settings
Using your Firestick remote, open the Privacy Settings of your device.
5. Turn OFF Device Usage Data
Amazon Fire TV developers collecting anonymous data for rectifying bugs and error. I recommend you to Disable this option before jailbreaking a FireStick.
6. Select Turn OFF
This is a warning message, ignore it and select Turn OFF.
7. Select Collect App Usage Data
Another option by which Amazon developers tracking your apps usage activity. Turn OFF this option as well.
8. Select Turn OFF
Again, you should ignore the warning pop-up and select Turn OFF.
9. Select Data Monitoring
Press the back button on your remote, you'll find these options on your TV screen. Now again press the select button to open Data Monitoring option.
10. Turn OFF Data Monitoring
Press the OK button on firestick remote to Turn OFF Data Monitoring.
11. Select My Fire TV
Once you Turned OFF Data Monitoring, press the back button to jump to main menu. Select My Fire TV from the list.
12. Go To Developer Options
13. Turn ON Apps from Unknown Sources
By default, this option kept disabled by developers. It must be enabled to install any third party apps on Fire Stick device. To enable this, Press the OK button on your Fire TV Remote.
14. Turn ON the Apps from Unknown Sources
Boom! Now, your device is ready for jailbreaking.... Choose any one method from below and apply it on your device. You can hack firestick to watch free movies and shows.
Kodi is the most popular and flexible media center application which provides an option to watch free movies, shows, documentary, videos, podcast, music, weathers and live TV and Radio channels.
So, I'm installing Kodi on Firestick to jailbreak it.... However, if you want a different app for Firestick jailbreaking then you can always opt for your choice. Here is a fresh and working list of apps.
How To Jailbreak A FireStick Via Downloader (Direct Method)
Downloader by AFTVnews.com is the most popular Firestick application to download APK files. Even, it supports direct installation of APK to FireStick.
Follow these steps to Jailbreak Firestick using Downloader-
- Go to the "Search" option.
- Type "Downloader" in the search bar.
- Select "Downloader".
- Choose "Download" button.
- Select "Open".
- Go to "Settings".
- Back to Downloader "Home".
- Type download URL- https://firestickhelp.com/kapk
- Selete "Go".
- Wait... Kodi APK file is being downloaded.
- Select "Install" button.
- Wait for 20 seconds... Kodi installation has been started.
- Select "Open" and enjoy free movies and shows on Firestick.
2. Type Downloader
3. Select Download
4. Open Downloader
5. Go to Settings
7. Select Yes
8. Enter Download URL
The latest version of Kodi is Leia 18.4... Enter this URL to download Kodi Latest Version APK file- https://firestickhelp.com/kapk
9. Wait for couple of seconds...
10. Select Install
11. Wait for another 30 seconds
12. Select Open
13. Kodi 18.4 (Leia) is loading
Awesome...! Kodi has been successfully installed on your Firestick. Now, you can install any Kodi addons and watch free movies or tv shows for free of cost.
How To Jailbreak Firestick Using ES File Explorer
Perform these steps to jailbreak firestick via ES File Explorer-
- Go to the "Search" option.
- Search for "ES File Explorer".
- Hit the "Download" button.
- Wait for couple of seconds... ES File Explorer is being installed.
- Now, hit the "Open" button.
- Go to Tools>Download Manager.
- Add a New download task.
- Enter Download URL- https://firestickhelp.com/kapk
- Enter the Filename.
- Select "Download Now" button.
- Wait for few seconds then select Open File.
- Select Install.
- Again, choose Install.
- Wait... Kodi is installing.
- Select Open.
1. Go to Search option
2. Type "ES File Explorer"
3. Select "ES File Explorer"
4. Select "Download"
5. Select "Open"
6. Go to "Tools"
7. Choose "Download Manager"
8. Select "+New"
9. Enter "Download URL" and "File Name"
10. Enter Download Address
Here is the download link of Kodi APK- https://firestickhelp.com/kapk
11. Enter "Kodi" as filename
12. Select "Download Now"
14. Select "Open File"
15. Select "Install"
16. Again select "Install"
17. Wait... Kodi is installing
18. Select "Open"
Kodi has been installed on your FireStick device. Now, you can install any Kodi addon to watch your favorite Movies and Shows on FireStick for free of cost. There are thousands of Kodi Add-ons available from the various repositories.
Table of Content
- 1 Is it possible to jailbreak a Firestick?
- 2 What is Firestick Jailbreaking?
- 3 How To Jailbreak Firestick?
- 4 Steps to perform before Firestick Jailbreaking
- 4.0.1 1. Go To Settings
- 4.0.2 2. Select Settings
- 4.0.3 3. Go To Preferences
- 4.0.4 4. Open Privacy Settings
- 4.0.5 5. Turn OFF Device Usage Data
- 4.0.6 6. Select Turn OFF
- 4.0.7 7. Select Collect App Usage Data
- 4.0.8 8. Select Turn OFF
- 4.0.9 9. Select Data Monitoring
- 4.0.10 10. Turn OFF Data Monitoring
- 4.0.11 11. Select My Fire TV
- 4.0.12 12. Go To Developer Options
- 4.0.13 13. Turn ON Apps from Unknown Sources
- 4.0.14 14. Turn ON the Apps from Unknown Sources
- 4.1 How To Jailbreak A FireStick Via Downloader (Direct Method)
- 4.1.1 1. Go to the Search menu
- 4.1.2 2. Type Downloader
- 4.1.3 3. Select Download
- 4.1.4 4. Open Downloader
- 4.1.5 5. Go to Settings
- 4.1.7 7. Select Yes
- 4.1.8 8. Enter Download URL
- 4.1.9 9. Wait for couple of seconds...
- 4.1.10 10. Select Install
- 4.1.11 11. Wait for another 30 seconds
- 4.1.12 12. Select Open
- 4.1.13 13. Kodi 18.4 (Leia) is loading
- 4.2 How To Jailbreak Firestick Using ES File Explorer
- 4.2.1 1. Go to Search option
- 4.2.2 2. Type "ES File Explorer"
- 4.2.3 3. Select "ES File Explorer"
- 4.2.4 4. Select "Download"
- 4.2.5 5. Select "Open"
- 4.2.6 6. Go to "Tools"
- 4.2.7 7. Choose "Download Manager"
- 4.2.8 8. Select "+New"
- 4.2.9 9. Enter "Download URL" and "File Name"
- 4.2.10 10. Enter Download Address
- 4.2.11 11. Enter "Kodi" as filename
- 4.2.12 12. Select "Download Now"
- 4.2.13 13. Wait...
- 4.2.14 14. Select "Open File"
- 4.2.15 15. Select "Install"
- 4.2.16 16. Again select "Install"
- 4.2.17 17. Wait... Kodi is installing
- 4.2.18 18. Select "Open"