Kodi has been taken the entire globe for entertainment media player and increasing the popularity day by day. Almost all the mobile, smartphones and the desktop operating system has been covered by Kodi. The software was developed by the XBMC foundation which is licensed under GPL 2.0 opensource product. A developer has full right to customize the codes and designs according to their need.
Amazon firestick is another excellent entertainment tool which is being used globally by all Smart TV users. But, in the case of firestick, people need to pay some bucks every month to get premium subscriptions to the various streaming services while Kodi is completely free of cost. So, if we could install Kodi on Firestick then we can also watch free videos contents.
This post is all about how to install the latest version Kodi on firestick device. Well if you search this query on the internet, you'll find lots of complicated tutorials but in actuality, it won't take more than 2 minutes to install Kodi 18.3 (Leia) on Amazon FireTVstick.
How To Install Kodi On Firestick
I know you are paying a good amount every month for Netflix, Hulu, HBO, and Amazon Prime Video subscriptions. But, all those contents can easily be streamed from the Kodi in 4K HD quality. An appropriate Kodi Add-on will find everything which is available on Netflix. Even, many Kodi add-ons available to watch Netflix videos especially.
Follow this guide to install Kodi on Firestick device–
- Plug-in your power button and turn ON firestick device.
- Launch Amazon firestick.
- Go to Settings> then Device.
- Select Developers Option.
- Enable ADB Debugging and Apps From Unknown Sources.
- Back to Firestick Home.
- Select Search icon> type “Downloader” (without quotes).
- Install Downloader App from the Amazon App Store.
- Back to Firestick Home.
- Go to Apps.
- Launch Downloader.
- Allow apps permissions [Read and Write permission].
- Type this address- https://firestickhelp.com/kapk and wait for few minutes to download Kodi 18.2 Apk file (depend upon your internet speed).
- Select Install (there will be three options- Install, Delete & Cancel).
- Again select Install in the next menu.
- Wait… Kodi 17.6 is being installed on your firestick device.
- Back to Firestick Home.
- Go to Apps.
- Launch Kodi App.
That's it…! See the time, you have successfully installed Kodi on Firestick in 2 minutes.???? So, now install Exodus, Genesis, Neptune Rising, Nemesis or NetFliXBMC Kodi addons to watch free movies and tv shows on your firestick. If you still facing some issue in the Kodi installation on FireTVstick then please follow our detailed guide below.
How To Install Kodi On Firestick (Step by Step guide)
Before starting this guide, I wanna confirm that- this firestick tutorial will take some extra time because here I've added the all possible screenshots for installing Kodi 17.6 on Firestick device. So, if you can give me 3 minutes extra then you'll get the best tutorial.
Here is step by step process to install Kodi on Amazon Firestick-
Step-1. Plug-in Power Cable-
Connect the power cable from the socket and start your Smart TV.
Step-2. Launch Firestick-
Now, launch firestick on your device to begin the installation process of Kodi 18.2.
Firestick is an Android-powered media streaming device. It offers movies and tv shows, lovers, to watch videos from various sources. After plug-in all the necessary cables like power cable, HDMI, AV cables, etc. launch it on your smart tv.
Step-3. Open Settings-
Open settings on your Firestick device to make some changes. This option can be selected by using your firestick remote left and right button. Use the select button to open settings option.
Step-4. Select Device-
Scroll side and select Device option from the list. This option contains developer options and various other options.
Step-5. Select Developers Option-
Here we need to perform some changes. Select Developers Option to do the same. You'll see ADB debugging and Unknown Sources inside the developer option of firestick setting.
Step-6. Turn ON Apps from Unknown Sources-
Enable ADB Debugging (optional) and Apps From Unknown Sources to allow Firestick device to install any third-party application. By default, this option kept disabled to secure your Android OS from malware and threats.
Step-7. Go back to Firestick Home-
Using your firestick remote back button, go back to firestick home.
Step-8. Select Search option-
Select the search option from your Firestick remote and go to the address bar.
Step-9. Install Downloader-
Type Downloader in the search bar and search. Now, download the first app from the result.
Step-10. Open Downloader-
Just click on the Open button once Downloader is installed or back to Firestick Home> then Apps> scroll down and open Downloader.
Step-11. Type Kodi v18.2 file location-
In the URL bar, enter the following address to download Kodi Leia 18.2 installation file- https://firestickhelp.com/kapk and select Go.
Step-12. Wait for a few seconds-
Once you click Go, a file will start downloading on your Firestick device. Wait till downloading process is finished. The downloading time will depend upon your internet connection speed.
Step-13. Select Install-
In the next step, you need to select the Install option to being the installation of Kodi 18.2 for Firestick.
Step-14. Again Select Install-
In the next screen, you'll be asked to install Kodi for firestick again. Select install to start the installation.
Step-15. Wait for a few seconds-
You'll see on next screen that, Kodi App is being installed on your Firestick device. Just wait till it finishes.
Step-16. Select Open-
Once the installation process is finished, select open to launch the Kodi instantly or just go back to Firestick Home> then Apps> open Kodi.
That's it… Kodi has been installed on Firestick. Now, you can run Kodi by visiting the Apps menu and then install any Kodi Add-ons to watch movies and tv shows.
Here is the dashboard of Kodi. If you want to enjoy watching free movies then I recommend you try these best Kodi addons in 2019. 90% of Kodi add-ons are free and provide you 4K HD quality streaming link. We are publishing some best Kodi addons list every day. Please navigate to our category section and select Kodi addons.
Kodi on firestick will save your monthly subscriptions to various paid streaming services. Kodi has various officials and unofficial add-ons for movies and tv shows. Even, many live tv, sports, music and podcast channels are also available to install. Some recommended Kodi add-ons are-
- Placenta – For movies and tv shows
- Aragon Live – For live tv and sports channels
- Neptune Rising – Best Kodi Addon in 2018
- Exodus – #1 Addon for movies
- Genesis Reborn – New Kodi Genesis alternative
- Phoenix– Popular addon in the USA (Not working)
Table of Content
- 1 How To Install Kodi On Firestick
- 2 How To Install Kodi On Firestick (Step by Step guide)
- 2.1 Step-1. Plug-in Power Cable-
- 2.2 Step-2. Launch Firestick-
- 2.3 Step-3. Open Settings-
- 2.4 Step-4. Select Device-
- 2.5 Step-5. Select Developers Option-
- 2.6 Step-6. Turn ON Apps from Unknown Sources-
- 2.7 Step-7. Go back to Firestick Home-
- 2.8 Step-8. Select Search option-
- 2.9 Step-9. Install Downloader-
- 2.10 Step-10. Open Downloader-
- 2.11 Step-11. Type Kodi v18.2 file location-
- 2.12 Step-12. Wait for a few seconds-
- 2.13 Step-13. Select Install-
- 2.14 Step-14. Again Select Install-
- 2.15 Step-15. Wait for a few seconds-
- 2.16 Step-16. Select Open-
- 2.17 Final Words-