Table of Content
- 1 How To Fix An Unknown Error Occurred, Check Your URL and Connection ON 3rd Gen Fire TV?
- 1.1 1- Go to Settings
- 1.2 2- Go to Applications
- 1.3 3- Select Manage Installed Applications
- 1.4 4- Select Downloader
- 1.5 5- Select Clear data
- 1.6 6- Again Clear data
- 1.7 7- Launch Application
- 1.8 8- Allow Storage Access
- 1.9 9- Go to Settings
- 1.11 11- Enter Download Address
- 1.12 12- Downloading Kodi Apk file
- 2 How To Fix Not Found Error On 2nd Gen Fire TV Stick?
I wrote a firestick jailbreaking guide and few people are complaining that they are getting some error while downloading any file on Downloader App. So, in this guide, I am going to fix a downloader error, frequently appearing as An Unknown Error Occurred. Check Your URL and Connection.
I noticed that people are complaining about these issues after releasing of Fire OS Version 22.214.171.124 (Build 632552020). This update was released on 3rd January 2019 and first and second generation of Fire TV and Fire TV Stick were affected.
This update added some additional layer of security on Fire TV devices. Earlier, Fire OS doesn't ask our permission to access media and files but this update brings that feature. Now, you must have to Allow any third-party apps to access your media and file manager.
Just because of this, you're getting An Unknown Error Occurred, Check Your URL and Connection on Downloader by AFTVnews. So, let's fix this error permanently.
There are different methods for Fire TV 1st/2nd and Fire TV 3rd generation devices. So, before reading, just make sure that what generation Fire TV Stick is yours.
You can check all the details about your Fire TV Stick by installing an app called “Informer“. This app is also powered by AFTVnews developers and available on the Amazon App Store.
How to install Informer on Firestick?
Just follow these steps to install Informer on FireStick-
- Press the Home button on your Fire TV remote.
- Go to the Search option. Use the left side button of remote to go there.
- Type Informer in the search box.
- Select the Informer app on the Amazon App Store.
- Press the Download button.
- Open the app and check all details of your Fire TV device.
So, here you've got the details about your Fire TV Stick. Now you know which generation of Fire TV Stick you using. Now, you can select the appropriate methods to fix downloader error: An Unknown Error Occurred, Check The URL and Connection.
First, we'll fix this downloader error on Amazon Fire TV Stick 3rd generation…
How To Fix An Unknown Error Occurred, Check Your URL and Connection ON 3rd Gen Fire TV?
Follow these steps on your firestick to fix downloader error: An Unknown Error Occurred, Check Your Connection and URL–
1- Go to Settings
First of all, connect all necessary cable and power on the Firestick and your TV. Now, press the home button on your firestick remote to jump to the menu. Using your Firestick remote, go to to the Settings menu.
2- Go to Applications
Take the help of your firestick remote buttons and go to the applications menu.
3- Select Manage Installed Applications
4- Select Downloader
5- Select Clear data
6- Again Clear data
7- Launch Application
8- Allow Storage Access
This is the main culprit who is generating An Unknown Error Has Occurred, Check Your URL and Connection. The latest Fire OS update needs your permission to access file manager. Press the Allow button to provide storage access permissions, so that Downloader and download any file and save it to your internal storage.
9- Go to Settings
That's it… You'll not face An Unknown Error Has Occurred, Check Your URL and Connection on Firestick. Now you can enter any valid download address in the Downloader app to download it.
Wait… Let me show you this.
11- Enter Download Address
I'm typing the download address of Kodi 18.2 APK file. The address is- https://firestickhelp.com/kapk/
12- Downloading Kodi Apk file
Here you can see, Downloader is able to download the Kodi Apk file.
How To Fix Not Found Error On 2nd Gen Fire TV Stick?
If you are using 1st and 2nd generation Fire TV Stick then you might be facing- Not Found error while downloading anything on Downloader App.
Downloader v1.1.7 is generating this issue and you can uninstall it and install Downloader v1.1.4. However, you can not install Downloader v1.1.4 from the Amazon App Store.
You need to install Downloader v1.1.4 APK file manually. There are multiple methods to install an APK package on Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Use any of these two methods-
- Install Downloader v1.1.4 APK via PC (using ADB platform-tools).
- Install Downloader APK (v1.1.4) via Apps2Fire Android application.
Method-1: Install Downloader v1.1.4 APK Via PC
Before starting these steps, make sure you enabled ADB debugging and Allow Apps from unknown sources on Fire TV device. To enable both the option you can go to Settings> My Fire TV> Developer Options> Enable ADB Debugging.
- Download Platform-tools from the official website of Android SDK- Download Zip
- Extract the Zip file using WinRAR or 7Zip.
- Download Downloader v1.1.4 APK file- Download APK
- Copy the APK file to the Platform-tools folder.
- Connect your Fire TV as well as PC with same WiFi network.
- Now open the Platform-tools folder and type CMD in the address bar.
- Now run the following commands simultaneously-
- adb connect <IP Address> (You can check your Fire TV IP Address by opening Settings>My Fire TV>About> Network.
- adb devices | (check if your IP is connected or not).
- adb install Downloader114.apk | Downloader114 is the file name, if you different filename then type adb install <Filename>/apk
That's it… Downloader v1.1.4 APK will be installed on your Firestick within few seconds.